General ArticleUseful Advice For Improving Marketing With Email Knowledge
March 25, 2023
The Disadvantage Of Factoring Receivables – Why Confidential Accounts Receivable Finance Works!
Looking for a creative, ‘outside the box’ Canadian business financing solution? You may have investigated factoring receivables already but either didn’t understand how accounts receivable financing works, or, probably more to the point weren’t comfortable with how it works for your firm on a daily basis.
We’ve got the perfect solution for those worries, and its called confidential receivable financing, in Europe its more commonly known as C I D, confidential invoice discounting.
Let’s examine why this type of business financing works in general, and then let’s focus in on why our solution makes a solid solution even better.
In general terms when you ‘factor ‘ your receivables you essentially sell them to the factoring firm. That can be done on a one of basis, on a periodic basis, or all the time. That’s one of the key advantages of this type of financing, you only use what you need, and… More importantly, you only pay for what you use!
Paying for what you use in accounts receivable financing is key because factoring, in general terms can be a more expensive type of financing. We say ‘can be’ because quite frankly if you use it properly it actually could be a cheaper method of financing than your bank. That’s a point our clients are always amazed at when we discuss this type of Canadian business financing.
The cost of factoring receivables can be significantly offset, or in some cases removed completely by your firm using these funds to take supplier discounts and purchase more efficiently and at better prices.
And… Think about this carefully, if you can finance your receivable the days you issue the invoice (that’s what factoring does) then you are in a position to generate funds to sell more products and services to your customers, generating additional margins and profits. Or, of course, you could take the non factoring approach and wait for your customers to pay you in 30, 60, or… dare we say it, 90 days. And that hasn’t worked for you in the past, which is why you are looking for a better solution.
So lets examine how factoring works, and lets get you over the hump, so to speak, on why our preferred type of accounts receivable financing is confidential invoice discounting.
When you generate an invoice under a factoring receivables agreement you receive 90% of the invoice in the form of immediate funds the same day. The other 10% is a holdback, and is remitted back to you promptly when you customer pays, less the financing charges, which are typically 1.5 – 2% for a 30 day period.
In 99% of traditional factoring arrangements the factor company verifies your invoice with your customer and actually collects it. Under confidential invoice discounting you bill and collect your own receivables, and are in a position to finance your firm without your customers and suppliers having anything to do with how you finance your business.
Speak to a trusted, credible and experienced Canadian business financing advisor on why confidential accounts receivable financing will work for your firm, allowing you to supercharge that cash flow and those profits!