General ArticleEasy Tips To Help Make Your Work From Home Business Succeed
March 28, 2023
Office Cleaning in Glasgow
There are some companies offering office cleaning in Glasgow and promoting that they are able to deliver a premium service at a vastly reduced price. The price being quoted is for Aï¿½8 per hour.
We explore the belief that companies can provide an office cleaning service for Aï¿½8 per hour and whether the quality will be able to stand the test of time.
The City of Glasgow
Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland ahead of the Scottish capital of Edinburgh. Glasgow is the centre point for thousands of offices across the city and where billions of pounds are generated every year. 2.3 million people live in Glasgow and the surrounding area and many will travel into Glasgow to work.
Glasgow was once the industrial heartland with the river Clyde shipbuilding providing a large percentage of the employment opportunities. However times have changed in Glasgow and people mainly operate from an office, with Glasgow being a popular location for call centres and administration offices.
Commercial Cleaning in Glasgow
The increase in people using offices has resulted in a rise in the supplementary services which are required for day to day business to operate smoothly. Things like office cleaning are essential for businesses to maintain their health and safety standards.
However many companies prefer commercial cleaning which focusses on price as opposed to quality. This can be a false economy because the service is undoubtedly of a lesser standard than companies charging a fraction more.
The reasons office cleaning cannot cost Aï¿½8 per hour are because:
1. The basic rate of pay in the UK for an adult is Aï¿½6.08. This is already more than three-quarters of the cost.
2. Companies hiring staff must pay an additional 11% to the Government to cover the employer’s national insurance contribution. That’s another 60pence per hour.
3. The cleaning supplies will be purchased in bulk however they will still cost hundreds of pounds and will require replenishing regularly.
4. A company has other overheads other than just the cleaner’s costs. For instance, the accounts team, the directors and receptionists all have to be paid too.
5. The company will have to file their accounts every year at companies house and an accountant will charge usually at least Aï¿½400 a year to complete this task.
6. The cost of travel must be additional too, whereas other company’s will include this within the price.
Cheap Office Cleaning
Cheap office cleaning is often a false economy and despite the current economic climate, companies should be considering if they really are getting value for money.
Our experience of cheap office cleaning services is that:
– Are you really getting the time you paid for? If you receive reports check that you’re getting your full contracted hours. Most companies offering the cheapest office cleaning may be contracted for 30 hours a week but are only providing 15 hours, whilst still charging for 30.
– Is the quality of the products being used of a high standard? Poor quality products can damage your work surfaces and leave people with allergic reactions meaning productivity declines.
– How many clothes do your cleaners use? Some companies only use 2 clothes. This can mean the same cloth that cleans the toilet is also cleaning the windows, door handles and even work surfaces. Ensure your cleaners use 4 different cleaning clothes.
– Absenteeism can be a direct result of poor office cleaning. It would not be surprising to find staff off work sick because the office is cleaned to a low standard and they have contracted an illness.
– Office cleaning to a low standard has been known to lose companies contracts with potential new clients. Your office is a reflection of your business and if your office is untidy or unclean it does not represent your business well.
Be sure to shop around when purchasing office cleaning in Glasgow because there are plenty of excellent suppliers. You won’t find high quality commercial cleaning in Glasgow for Aï¿½8 per hour however hopefully we’ve highlighted some of the reasons why.
Remember, a job worth doing is worth doing well. Hire a commercial cleaning company who is actually providing the service your business deserves.